After the surgical procedure, the surgeon will place a plastic or metal support on the nose to help protect and maintain the new nose structure during the healing process. Will you get in touch with dr william portuese for a consultation before you choose plastic surgery?
The surgeon will monitor the condition of the patient in the recovery room for several hours after surgery. If the patient’s condition is stable, the patient is allowed to go home the next day. But if the nasal surgery procedure is quite complicated, the patient may have to undergo hospital treatment for another 1-2 days.
During the first few days after anesthesia, patients may experience memory problems, slow responses, and impaired understanding. Patients should be accompanied by a family member to help and care for patients while recovering from surgery. Complaints such as pain, headache, swelling of the nose, difficulty breathing through the nose, numbness in or around the nose, and nosebleeds, can occur. There are a number of things that patients need to do during the healing process to reduce bleeding and swelling, including:
– The patient must take a rest in bed with your head raised higher than your chest.
– The patient can’t do heavy activities, such as jogging or aerobics, for at least 4-6 weeks.
– The patient must avoid smiling or laughing facial expressions and he must avoid dusty places
– The patient must take care carefully so that the bandage in the nose is not exposed to water.
– The patient has to limit the consumption of sodium to help deal with swelling.
– The patient may not compress or put cold compresses or ice on the nose after surgery.
– The patient takes painkillers, such as paracetamol or something else with the prescription
Rhinoplasty can also affect the area around the eyes. The patient may experience numbness, swelling, or discoloration around the eyelids for several weeks. Patients can give cold compresses or ice to relieve swelling of the eyelids.